This morning, as I was studying my Young Disciple lesson, it referenced this verse. As I thought about what it said, GOD impressed me with an interesting thought. Jesus said, "I have overcome the world". If He has overcome the world, wouldn't He offer us the power to overcome it, as well, through Him? "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth." Matthew 28:18. He has all power, and is willing to impart it to us so that we, too, may overcome the world in His strength! Then, truly, we may "be of good cheer". May we all take hold of His strength and overcome the world! "For whatsoever is born of GOD overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." 1 John 5:4
Courtesy of: news.bbcimg.co.uk Greetings from the snow-laden northeast! With all the snow we have been receiving, a post on snow seems to be in order! A few years ago, I was shoveling snow while the sun was shining. As I shoveled, there was still snow in the little cracks of the pavement. Evidently, no matter how much I could scrape, I would never get it all out. All I could do was shovel the snow, and let the sunshine melt what I couldn't. It's the same with us. The snow of sin covers our hearts, but God will not do for us what we can do for ourselves (though He does give us the strength to do even this). We must work to clear away what we can. But no matter how much we try, we still cannot clear sin from our hearts. We will always find it hiding in the little cracks and crevices of our characters if we seek to do it all in our own strength. There comes a point where no amount of work can cleanse us- we must let the Sun of righteousness shine...
Comments
Post a Comment